Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Help Me Design The Merc’s Exterior Lights!!

As you know from last week’s post, the exterior is HAPPENING. We did our part getting the brick whipped into original shape and the stucco guys are hopefully going to start working on the rest! Now comes the fun decision I’ve been waiting my whole life for, lighting!!

When I asked on instagram who made the best exterior lights you guys came out of the woodwork and all said the same thing, Barn Light Electric. Man alive is that place like paradise or what?! No only do they have amazing designs, but you can completely customize your lights. Sign me up!

Guys, the options are endless. I ordered samples of all of the finishes and you can literally have any style in any of these colors:

Also these:

And these:

I’ve narrowed down a few of my favorite option and I am DYING to know what you guys think would look best.

The Roscoe/Wesco is definitely the shade style I’m digging. I love the rounded shape of it and at 16″ I think its the perfect size.

The question then becomes, what finish?!! You can have the arms finished different colors, but I love the steel.

After doing some research about Merc era lighting, porcelain is definitely the way to go. It’s not only true to character, but its so durable and the finish doesn’t dull or fade.

But I’m also loving the matte black, that comes in just the painted finish.

And also the raw copper..

GAH CHOICES!!!! (I was also playing around with the idea of using green, until we decided to paint the front doors green.)

As far as the arms go, the #1 on my list is style G64. Its the chain. It makes my heart do flips and I hear angels sing when I look at it. The front of the Merc, especially where these lights are going to go is just a massive expanse of white stucco, so details like the chain are going to seriously up the style cred.

Buuuuuut I also really love style G8 with its simple curve.

I’ve got to know, which combo do you like the best? PLEASE chime in below!!

Here’s a reminder of what the Merc is sort of going to look like!

MAJOR HEADS UP Barn Light Electric is running a 20% off deal right now (through tonight!!) 

The post Help Me Design The Merc’s Exterior Lights!! appeared first on Vintage Revivals.


via Mandi at Help Me Design The Merc’s Exterior Lights!!