Friday, August 11, 2017

HOLY CRAP WE -SORT OF- HAVE WALLS!

Dudes! We’re renovating our dream house, an old mercantile store build in 1928! Follow along from the beginning here!

I have so much to tell you!!

The most important being WE HAVE WALLS! Well…sort of. We have wall skeletons!

The framers have been at the Merc for the last week getting everything framed up and I LOVE IT!!

Sorry for all of the caps and !!!, I’m just really really happy about it.

Framing was one of the things that Court was pretty sure we could do ourselves, I was not on board with that idea. You guys know I love a good DIY but I am so glad we didn’t try to frame the Merc by ourselves. It took 2 guys to do in 3 days what it would have taken us 3 months to do. And that’s if everything was straight, level, and plum.

Which it wasn’t.

So just go ahead and add another month + divorce to that timeline and you’re looking at what it would have cost us to DIY it.

Instead we get to stay happily married and moving forward with the renovation. Well, mostly happy. See I had really high expectations for what the unveiling of the framing to the family would look like. For almost a year I’ve been working on this and I finally had something tangible for them to see, so I thought (rather stupidly) that they would be as overcome with joy as I was. I mean, is that too much to ask?

Apparently so.

Court keeps reminding me that even with studs, they can’t see the vision. Which I get, but still it made me feel a little bad that they weren’t wicked excited. Check out the video below!

 

 

 

SaveSave

SaveSave

The post HOLY CRAP WE -SORT OF- HAVE WALLS! appeared first on Vintage Revivals.


via Mandi at HOLY CRAP WE -SORT OF- HAVE WALLS!