Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Well. Crap.

I know I’m not the only one that dives head first into something without weighing all the possible situations.  This is one of those times.  We’re working on getting all the areas of our house updated so that we can possibly sell it sometime this year. One of the areas that needs lots of love is our bathrooms.

Bathroom Makeover-1

 

They’re still rocking the original beige paint and blah tile. So this weekend we dove head first into updating it.  We demo’ed and installed new tile and primed everything, only to step back and see this.

Bathroom Makeover-2

 

Do you see what I see? The tub and surround are NOT white. SON OF A!!! NOOOOOOO!

We’re not ripping out the tub. This is a budget update and the thing has to stay. That being said, what in the crap are we supposed to do!? I’m not sure if its yellowed over time or if it was actually that color to begin with.

There are lots of concoctions that came up on Google, and obviously I haven’t tried cleaning it yet, but I thought I would ask the brilliant people in my life (that would be you guys!) if they’ve ever had this situation come up? How do you de-yellowize a bathtub?  I for sure don’t want to paint it because I feel like long term, its not a solution. And its not horrible enough to inflict a peeling bathtub on someone if the paint doesn’t hold up.

Am I overreacting?

The plan was to paint everything white, but I’m thinking that might not be the best solution now.  Hmmmmmmm.

What would you do?

 


via Mandi at http://ift.tt/1OMoVN7