Thursday, March 3, 2016

Fighting the Yellow!

A few days ago I posted my frustration with our bathroom makeover. After we swapped out the ugly tile and put a coat of primer on the walls the tub and shower surround looked SO yellow. There were lots of swears involved.

Bathroom Makeover-2

I love using really bright true white, but I knew that if I did that in this situation that it would be a problem.  I also knew that it wouldn’t really be fair to the new owners if I painted a perfectly good bathtub surround, just because I wanted a specific wall color. As great as the painting situation would be, its not a permanent fix and I don’t want to have to force someone into a bathroom remodel 3-5 years down the road, just because I like white walls. Seems a little unnecessary yes?

Bathroom Makeover-3-2

So I pulled out my paint deck and found a white that was a little warm (so that it wasn’t competing with the tub) but not too warm (because the floor is a cooler light gray) and wouldn’t you know, the color I ended up with was Alabaster. The same white that I used in Brem’s nursery!

Here is a side by side of the primer/shower combo and the Alabaster/shower combo.  Obviously the whole point of this post is to talk color, but I’ll just say that other than lens correction and cropping there hasn’t been any changes made to the pictures.

Masking A Yellowed Tub

 

It looks SO much better than it did 3 days ago, don’t you agree?

Bathroom Makeover-1

 

Don’t forget you can still vote daily for Vintage Revivals in the BHG Best DIY Blog category!

BHG Blogger of the Year Vintage Revivals


via Mandi at Fighting the Yellow!